The way we work
NIZO food research values intensive contact with its clients. We believe that successful projects are achieved by working together as a team. During a research project information on developments, progress and mutual expectations is exchanged continuously. Only then is it possible to achieve a result that is satisfactory to all parties.
- Your first contact with NIZO food research is most likely with one of our business development managers. They watch over your interests and they are the first persons to be contacted in our company. Thus you always know whom to address with questions or remarks, thereby minimising the chance for error and misunderstanding, and maximising co-operation for the smooth flow of the project to a successful conclusion.
- After filling in the form [start a project] you discuss your topic (in a telephone conference) with a Business Development Manager and Product Manager, to decide whether there is a match between your question and NIZO expertise/facilities. NIZO then prepares a summary of the client issue and will provide a possible approach and budget range.
- At this stage we usually sign a Confidentiality Agreement provided by NIZO food research to talk in more detail. Confidentiality is surely crucial for the success of every innovation and therefore natural for our people.
- During the next contact moment we develop together a more detailed project outline during which the NIZO project manager will be involved, and determine the legal/financial terms and conditions. Of course, you as a client are part of the project team.
- Now the project plan, budget and legal issues will be formalized in a proposal ready for signing and the starting date of the project will be determined together with the Project Manager.
- The whole process can take less than a week (for more or less standard NIZO products) up to several months when it concerns large innovation trajectories.