Worldwide concerns about obesity, aging, gut health and cardiovascular diseases have increased the consumer demand for healthy food choices.
If you are looking for developing functional ingredients or aim to develop tasty, low-calorie foods NIZO can select and produce health ingredients and apply them into stable product formulations that are released at specific target sites.
To demonstrate effects on for example gut health, immune defense or satiety various in vitro models and human models are available.
Make use of NIZO technology and expertise to develop functional foods and build your health claims!
• Sensory analysis for satiety studies
• In-silico model of bacterial persistence
• Allergen detection and removal
• High-throughput bacterial screening
• Molecular diagnostic tools
• NIZO culture collection
• In-vivo trials
• Simulation of digestion (SIMPHYD)
• Human Intervention studies
• New probiotic strains on demand
• Biochemical characterization tools
• Genetic engineering: probiotica