Functionality of ingredients in food products before, during and after consumption is one of the core expertise areas of NIZO and is highly valued by our industrial partners. For the expansion of our food product technology team, we are searching for an experienced and enthusiastic
Research Technician Analytical Chemistry 32-40 h/week
to apply knowledge and offer hands-on experience in working with food ingredients that play an important role in the flavor, taste and quality of food products.
For this position we are looking for a team player, who can adapt easily in project teams of different composition. A solid background in analytical chemical techniques for analyzing components contributing to flavor and taste such as GC-MS, HPLC, LC-MS is a must.
The candidate should have experience with ingredient and food matrix/texture characterization. The ability to interpret data in depth is an absolute must.
The candidate should be a team player, able to execute multiple projects simultaneously and keeps overview also in busy times. We are looking for a well-organized person, who is curious to learn new techniques and applications fitting to the ever changing questions of our customers.
- Execute experiments in contract research projects for the food industry;
- Executing experiments in the field of flavor release and (off-) flavor characterization including characterization of volatile and non-volatile components;
- Translate research questions into laboratory approaches;
- Record, interpret and report experimental data;
- Develop new experimental laboratory methods and techniques;
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams with project managers, scientists and research specialists.
- A practical and pro-active professional with a BSc degree in analytical chemistry;
- Demonstrable relevant laboratory experience;
- Preferable 3-5 years of experience in the industry;
- Organized, accurate and pragmatic;
- Excellent communication skills (English, Dutch is considered a pre);
- A self-starter, pro-active, result-driven, creative and customer directed;
- A flexible team player.
- A dynamic, inspiring and creative environment with state-of-the-art facilities, where you can develop your personal skills;
- Experience working on challenging research questions for a wide range of food and ingredient companies;
- Become part of a well-established and internationally recognized organization;
- An enthusiastic team of professionals to co-operate with;
- An attractive compensation package: competitive salary, 25 holidays plus 13 “ADV”-days, travel reimbursement and free pension plan.
- The possibility to develop further in particular fields of interest.
More information and application
If you are interested in this position at NIZO food research, please send your motivational letter and curriculum vitae by using our application form.
For more information contact René Floris, +31 (0)318 659535.