Coen Akkerman is happy to answer all your questions.About me
Are you up-scaling the production of a new product or do you need to make investment decisions about building a new production facility? We will help you to minimize investment risks and speed up time to market.
The launch of a new production line is a decision not to be taken lightly, as it involves substantial investments in time, money and people. A new product or ingredient is usually developed at lab scale. Translating lab scale development to industrial processing scale requires a lot of effort to ensure the final product and process will meet all requirements in quality, rate and yield.
In a joint effort with your experts we will help you limit your investment risks by demonstrating the technology at small industrial scale in our food grade Processing Centre. Combining the results of the pilot plant trials with our process simulation modelling platform Premia we will provide a blueprint of the future production line and food grade product to present to your customers. With our vast understanding of product–process interactions we will efficiently scale up the production of your new ingredients, maximize your process efficiency and shorten your time to market.
At our Processing Centre you will find a food grade, highly flexible, industrial production facility and labs featuring the latest technologies at your disposal. Our top experts in product–process interactions, together with state-of-the art equipment, will enable you to fast-track your process and product development activities. Our highly skilled operators and more than a hundred scientists are at your service to scale up your process and run test productions without disturbing your regular process. Volumes range from kilos up to over 10 tonnes per week. You are invited to attend and participate in all trials or productions for your company. Together we will bring your up-scaling activities to the next level.
Working together in consortia
- Swirl Flow
- Jimmy Perdana, Martijn B. Fox, Chen Siwei, Remko M. Boom, Maarten A.I. Schutyser Interactions between formulation and spray drying conditions related to survival of Lactobacillus plantarum WCFS1 Food Research International 2014, 56, 9–17
- Jimmy Perdana, Arantza Aguirre Zubia, Oylum Kutahya, Maarten A.I. Schutyser, Martijn B. Fox Spray drying fo Lactobacillus plantarum WCFS1 guided by predictive modeling Drying technology 2015, 0, 1-9
- Martijn Fox, Rien Habraken, Marjon Wells-Bennik, Margreet Hovenkamp QMRA The next step in food safety International dairy magazine 2013 4/5 6-8
- Martijn Fox, Coen Akkerman, Han Straatsma, Peter de Jong Energy reduction by high dry matter concentration and drying. New food magazine 2010, 2, 60-63
- Natalie Hotrum, Martijn Fox, Hein van Lieverloo, Erik Smit, Peter de Jong and Maarten Schutyser Modelling heat processing of dairy products in Improving the safety and quality of milk 2010 Mansel Griffiths ed.
- Purwanti, M.B. Fox, K. Schroën, P. de Jong The micro heater: a new tool for rapid determination of food kinetics Journal of Food Engineering 2009, 91, 78–84
- Florentine Jagers op Akkerhuis In-line monitoring makes CIP-system more efficient Holland Food Innovators 2015