Expertise in food research and clinical trial design
At NIZO, our scientific professionals understand how food ingredients are produced, digested and metabolised – and, most importantly, how this affects the human body. These specialists in nutrition, gut microbiology and immunology are fully supported by a team of experts in food technology, processing and safety.
As a CRO, we design, develop and coordinate the execution of food clinical trials that provide insight into mechanisms of action and potential health benefits of products or ingredients, including:
- Dairy ingredients
- Plant proteins
- Bioactive peptides
- Dietary fibres
We can offer tailor-made food clinical trials that specifically address your questions, in addition to more standardized food clinical trial models. Health benefit areas investigated include, but are not limited to:
The science of food health benefits
A renowned innovation partner, we increase the value of the clinical outcomes by providing interpretation of the results. Based on this insight, we can support you with guidance on future activities for successful testing, optimization and development of your product.
A NIZO food clinical trial offers you:
- Scientific consultancy
- Guidance toward building a convincing dossier for your product’s health benefit(s)
- Development of the most appropriate study design, efficient trial management and planning, and smooth trial execution
- Advice on clinical outcomes
- Fast institutional review board (IRB) approvals
- Reliable subject recruitment
- High quality of sample and data handling
- Statistical data analysis, scientific data interpretation and report writing
And whether you are looking for ‘just’ a clinical trial, or a full project from in vitro screening and microbiome / biomarker analysis, to pilot production, we have the expertise and resources to meet your needs.