NIZO (www.nizo.com) is an independent contract research organization in the heart of Food Valley. The growing world population needs better food: healthier, tastier, more affordable and more sustainable. We know that better nutrition is essential for better health. Our passion is to accelerate innovations together with our customers, by applying our combined expertise in bacteria, proteins and processing. Together we deliver sustainable solutions for better food and health.
One of the core expertise areas of NIZO is processing. The NIZO Processing centre is a food-grade, highly flexible, semi industrial scale production facility of more than 2500 m2. Here an enthusiastic team works on product process interactions and upscaling of processes. Within the Processing Centre we work on ingredients, dairy and plant proteins, fermentation processes and infant formula. Because of the departure of one of our experts, we are immediately looking for an enthusiastic and result oriented
Senior Process Technologist
At scientific level with a strong affinity with evaporation and spray drying and the ambition to work with internationally renowned companies.
- Technological interpretation of customer questions and translating these into a high quality result oriented project approach;
- Initiate, design and execute projects with our customers, typically in the field of up and down-scaling of processes, process optimization or trouble shooting;
- Translate complex production processes into a practical, sometimes experimental set-up, analyse and interpret process data, drawing conclusions and giving recommendations;
- Identify relevant scientific developments and translate these together with Business Development into commercial propositions;
- Work together with highly skilled and motivated operators, project leaders and business developers.
- Academic degree in food process technology, or chemical engineering. A PhD is considered an advantage;
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in dairy / food or a related processing industry;
- Expertise in the field of powder/drying, evaporation, membrane filtration, microbiology (fermentation, fouling). Affinity with dairy processes, modelling and comfortable in both R&D and industrial environments;
- Competences: pro-active, pragmatic, flexible, team player, creative, able to translate academic knowledge into practical solutions;
- Able to directly interact with customers both businesswise as well as regarding the content;
- Strong international network; willing to travel;
- Fluent in English, Dutch is an advantage.
- An attractive and diverse position in a dynamic, inspiring and creative environment with great facilities;
- Become part of a well-established and internationally recognized organization with ample opportunities for personal and professional development and growth;
- A collegiate, open work atmosphere;
- Challenging varied work (both in terms of processes and in terms of scale);
- Market-based salary with good fringe benefits, including a premium-free pension.
For questions you can contact Mr. J. Snelders, Division Manager Processing Center (telephone: 0318 –659568, Jurgen.Snelders@nizo.com).
You can only apply by using our application form.
We will not respond to CV’s offered by recruitment agencies
Keywords: Wetenschapper, Onderzoeker, Wetenschap, Eiwitten, Zuivel, Life Sciences jobs, Technologist, Process Technologist, Specification Technologist, Development Technologist, Senior Technologist, Dairy Technologist, Technologist, Microbiology Biomedical Scientist, Research Scientist, Specialist Dairy Scientist, Dairy Scientist, Formulation Scientist, Research Associate, Ede, Arnhem, Nijmegen, Barneveld, Amersfoort, Apeldoorn, Wageningen, Veenendaal, Renswoude, Rhenen, Gelderland, Utrecht, Nederland, The Netherlands.