The understanding of flavour-texture interactions when applying ingredients in complex food matrices, leading to the desired product sensation is one of the core expertise areas of NIZO and is highly valued by our industrial partners. For the expansion of our food product technology team, we are searching for an experienced and enthusiastic
Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist Flavour & Perception
For this position we are looking for a team player, who can adapt easily in project teams of different composition, dealing with a wide variety of topics and research questions. The candidate should be able to lead and scientifically direct multiple projects simultaneously and keeps overview also in busy times.
We are looking for a solid background in flavour chemistry, food products and human sensory experience. We are looking for a scientifically driven person, who has good and relevant scientific relationships. The candidate should have vast experience in translating scientific findings and principles into practice, i.e. improving food products.
- Initiate and acquire strategic, multi-client research projects in the area of flavour, taste and texture perception to expand the understanding of human sensory experience, flavour and texture;
- Translate customer needs into scientifically sound technology- or ingredient-based solutions which can be applied within the practical limitations of food products;
- Contribute to understanding the underlying fundamentals of flavour, taste, and texture analysis and perception, cross-modal interactions, and sensory science;
- Collaborate with scientist and expertise leaders of other disciplines within NIZO; act as consultant;
- Collaborate with scientific and technical experts, both internally and externally, resulting in scientific publications.
- A practical, pro-active and internationally recognized expert in the area of flavour, taste, and texture analysis and perception, with a particular interest in cross-modal interactions;
- A PhD with strong emphasis on sensory quality of food products; e.g. food technology, food science, sensory science, flavour chemistry;
- Driven by understanding the fundamentals of perception, and especially understanding and characterization of the in-vivo eating experience;
- Creative and conceptual thinker with a strong vision on future developments in the field;
- At least 10 years of experience in food – or related relevant industry;
- A network both in industry and the academic world;
- Track record in the scientific literature
- A flexible and enthusiastic team player;
- Excellent communication skills (also in English); ability to get the message across;
- Experience in statistics is preferred.
- A dynamic, inspiring and creative environment with state-of-the-art facilities, where you can develop your personal skills;
- Experience working on challenging research questions for a wide range of food and ingredient companies;
- Become part of a well-established and internationally recognized organization;
- An enthusiastic team of professionals to co-operate with;
- An attractive compensation package: competitive salary, 25 holidays plus 13 “ADV”-days, travel reimbursement and free pension plan.
- The possibility to develop further in particular fields of interest.
More information and application
René Floris, Division Manager Flavour/Texture (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to apply
The application process is coordinated by Wiebe Teeuwen, Sr. Recruitment Consultant (T: +31(0)23-7548660, M: +31(0)6-40840929). Please send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.