No matter how important, it takes more than knowledge of the physical and sensory characteristics of food and ingredients to help our customers innovate their food production. It all starts with the smallest of building blocks that our food consists of: the molecules. One of our core expertise areas is composition and analysis, behaviour and isolation of food ingredients (proteins, carbohydrates, and health ingredients). For this expertise area we are searching for an experienced
Project Manager/Group leader – Food Biochemistry, Ingredients & Analysis
- Responsible for managing and supervising international research & development projects in the area of food biochemistry, analysis of ingredients (specifically food proteins and carbohydrates) and ingredient isolation and purification
- Translating customer needs into scientific and technological approaches that will deliver practical solutions
- Initiating project plans that meet customer requirements and lead multidisciplinary project teams
- Initiating and implementing expertise development in the field of food analytics
- Leading a highly professional team of around 5-7 specialists in analysis and ingredient isolation and functionality): responsible for performance and talent management of team members. Contributing to recruitment and onboarding process
- Reporting to the R&D Manager of the division Food
Profile (at least several of the following items)
- PhD degree in the field of Analytical chemistry, Biochemistry or Food Technology related to ingredients or equivalent
- Proven experience with analytical methods; understanding of validation of analytical methods
- Personal characteristics: team player, ability to motivate and coach professionals, keeping overview while paying attention to details, enthusiastic, setting priorities, leadership, convincing, pragmatic and flexible
- Several years of experience in the food industry and/or food ingredients business, preferably proven affinity with leading/coordinating a team of professionals
- Expertise in the area of food ingredients and food analysis, preferably internationally recognised
- Capable of simultaneously managing various customer projects and able to motivate multidisciplinary teams, both externally and internally
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- An exciting and challenging international R&D and business environment, working with renowned customers as well as start-ups and an interesting variety in projects, with a high level of independency
- Working in multidisciplinary teams, generating business by translating science and technology to rewarding solutions
- Becoming part of the expertise team gives ample opportunities for personal growth and to develop further in particular fields of interest
- A recognized and leading contract research organisation in which we create value by sharing our knowledge and by being open to feedback
- Attractive compensation package: competitive salary, 25 holidays plus 13 “ADV” (work time reduction) days, travel reimbursement and pension plan
For more information contact René Floris, manager of the Food Division, +31 (0)6 227 388 71.
You are invited to send your CV and motivation letter to our application portal.
Intermediaries please note that we have deliberately chosen to fill this vacancy ourselves. Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. Unsolicited CVs will be dealt with as if it were a direct application, without any obligation to third parties.