To meet the increased demand for products containing beneficial microbes, or for products that require microbes to produce beneficial components, NIZO currently has an opportunity for an experienced
Senior PROJECT MANAGER Fermentation (32-40 hours per week)
who is passionate about using the microbiota and more specifically probiotics, to improve health, and about the process development of novel food products or drugs.
- Managing and supervising international research & development projects in the area of fermentation with focus on Health Benefits
- Translating customer needs into scientific and technological approaches that will deliver practical solutions
- Initiating project plans that meet customer requirements and lead multidisciplinary project teams
- Initiating and implementing expertise development in the field of fermentation focussing on the use of beneficial microbes
- Together with our Business Development Managers, contribute to the acquisition trajectory
Profile (at least several of the following items)
- PhD degree in the field of fermentation/Microbiology
- Proven industry experience with at least two of the following expertise areas:
- microbial process development, preferably for beneficial microbes
- microbial formulation development of both the active ingredient and the final product
- microbial process scaling from laboratory scale to pilot plant facilities
- industrial fermentation process knowledge
- Excellent creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Capable of managing customer expectations
- Personal characteristics: independent, team player, keeping overview while paying attention to details, enthusiastic, setting priorities, project leadership, convincing, pragmatic and flexible
- Capable of simultaneously managing various customer projects and able to motivate multidisciplinary teams, both externally and internally
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- An exciting and challenging international R&D and business environment, working with renowned customers as well as start-ups and an interesting variety in projects, with a high level of independency
- Working in multidisciplinary teams, generating business by translating science and technology to rewarding solutions
- Becoming part of the NIZO team gives plenty opportunities for personal growth and to develop further in particular fields of interest
- A recognized and leading contract research organisation in which we create value by sharing our knowledge and by being open to feedback
- Attractive compensation package: competitive salary, 25 holidays plus 13 “ADV” (work time reduction) days, travel reimbursement and pension plan
For more information contact Janneke Ouwerkerk, manager of the Food Safety and Fermentation team, +31 (0)6 2456 1148.
You are invited to send your CV and motivation letter to our application portal.
Intermediaries, please note that we have deliberately chosen to fill this vacancy ourselves. Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. Unsolicited CVs will be dealt with as if it were a direct application, without any obligation to third parties.