NIZO food research is located in the heart of Food Valley. Our mission reflects our ambition to be the partner of choice for industry in translating science and technology to rewarding applications. We are known for providing practical solutions by working closely together with our customers, thus speeding up their innovation. One of the core expertise areas of NIZO is processing. The NIZO Pilot Plant is a food-grade, highly flexible, semi industrial scale production facility. This is where “science meets practice”. An enthusiastic team of operators and Project Managers works on product process interactions, modelling and upscaling of processes. Its highly modular setup gives complete flexibility in process design, with units of heat treatment, extrusion, fermentation, purification, concentration and drying.
It is in this field of expertise that we are looking for an enthusiastic and result-oriented
Senior Expert Food Processing
at expertise level with a strong affinity for food and ingredient processing and the ambition to work with internationally renowned companies.
- Technological interpretation of customer questions and translating these into a high quality result oriented project approach that solves the problem that lies underneath the customer question;
- Initiate, design and execute projects for our customers, typically in the field of up and down-scaling of processes, process optimization or trouble shooting;
- Translate complex production processes into a practical, sometimes experimental set-up, analyze and interpret process data, drawing conclusions and giving recommendations;
- Identify relevant scientific developments and translate these together with Business Development into commercial propositions;
- Work together with highly skilled and motivated operators, project managers and business developers.
- Academic degree in food process technology, or chemical engineering. A PhD is considered an advantage;
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in dairy / food or a related processing industry;
- Expertise in the field of powder/drying, evaporation, membrane filtration, microbiology (fermentation, fouling). Affinity with dairy processes, modelling and comfortable in both R&D and industrial environments;
- You know the market, actively follow developments and, with the help of our Business Developers, are capable of bringing in work;
- Competences: pro-active, pragmatic, flexible, team player, creative, able to translate academic knowledge into practical solutions;
- Able to directly interact with customers both businesswise as well as regarding the content;
- Strong international network, willing to travel occasionally;
- Fluent in English, Dutch is an advantage.
- An attractive and diverse position in a dynamic, inspiring and creative environment with great facilities;
- Become part of a well-established and internationally recognized organization with ample opportunities for personal and professional development and growth;
- A collegiate, open work atmosphere;
- Challenging varied work (both in terms of processes and in terms of scale);
- Attractive salary with good fringe benefits, including a pension.
For further information please contact Meinte Faber, Division Manager Processing Centre or René Floris, Division Manager Food. You can ONLY apply for this position by uploading your CV via our job portal, together with a brief motivation letter.
Intermediaries please note that we have deliberately chosen to fill this vacancy ourselves. Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. Unsolicited CVs will be dealt with as if it were a direct application, without any obligation to third parties.