NIZO (www.nizo.com) is an independent contract research organization in the heart of Food Valley. The growing world population needs better food: healthier, tastier, more affordable and more sustainable. We know that better nutrition is essential for better health. Our passion is to accelerate innovations together with our customers, by applying our combined expertise in bacteria, proteins and processing. Together we deliver sustainable solutions for better food and health.
One of the core expertise areas of NIZO is processing. The NIZO Processing center is a food-grade, highly flexible, semi industrial scale production facility of more than 2500 m2. Here an enthusiastic team works on product process interactions and upscaling of processes. Within the Processing Centre we work on ingredients, dairy and plant proteins, fermentation processes and infant formula. Because of the departure of one of our experts, we are immediately looking for an enthusiastic and result oriented
Project Leader Process Technology
A senior project leader with a strong affinity for evaporation and spray drying, fermentation and filtration, deep experience with non-industrialized production (test production, process development) and a strong drive for projects within a pilot plant.
- Initiate and carry out projects in the area of food processing, e.g. up-scaling projects in our Processing Centre or on-site optimization projects at our customers;
- Connect with customers in order to identify their needs, translate these needs into practical project approaches and capture all project specifications in a project plan;
- Discuss with the customer the project plan, the execution of the project plan and its results as well as offer verbal or written presentations of project reports;
- Responsible for the timely execution and delivery against targets and deliverables within budget in commercial projects.
- A practical, hands-on and pro-active professional who has a strong proven affinity towards food processing;
- PhD or MSc in food science, food technology, chemical engineering or equivalent;
- Experience in managing research or manufacturing projects
- Preferably 3 – 4 years of working experience in a (food) production environment;
- Comfortable with working in an international environment, willing to travel occasionally;
- Affinity with economic evaluation of processes;
- Affinity with food technology and food products;
- A flexible and enthusiastic team player;
- Excellent communication skills.
- An attractive and diverse position in a dynamic, inspiring and creative environment with great facilities;
- Opportunity to work in an established team of food scientists and technologists;
- Become part of a well-established and internationally recognized organization with ample opportunities for personal and professional development and growth.
How to apply
- The application process is coordinated by Wiebe Teeuwen, Sr. Recruitment Consultant
(T: +31(0)23-7548660, M: +31(0)6-40840929). Please send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered