To meet the rapidly growing demand for data analysis expertise in our Health division, we are searching for a
Bioinformatician / Data Scientist
with hands-on programming experience
- Member of a multidisciplinary team of scientists, project managers and scientific assistants.
- Work in complex projects involving microbial genomics and microbiota profiling for our clients.
- Be involved in data management, supporting business intelligence, and maintaining the bioinformatics software infrastructure across the company, working in different disciplines and departments.
- Develop new algorithms and visualizations in close collaboration with scientific NIZO staff and experts from NIZO’s international customer base.
- BSc or MSc degree.
- 1-2 years of experience in an industrial or academic setting.
- To fit this role perfectly you are/have:
- Proficient with common bioinformatics tools
- Experienced in scripting in Python, R
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Experience in working in a Linux environment
- Familiar with Linux system administration
- Excellent communication skills
- Working experience in an (applied) scientific/biological research setting (such as molecular biology or microbiology), preferably within food or pharma industry, is a plus.
- Proficient in handling complex large data sets.
- Experience with analysis of next generation sequencing (NGS) data is a plus.
- Demonstrated potential to collaborate with experts across diverse scientific disciplines.
- An exciting and challenging international R&D and business environment, working with renowned customers and an interesting variety in projects.
- Multidisciplinary teams, generating business by translating science and technology to rewarding solutions.
- Opportunity to develop new algorithms.
- A challenging role on the cutting edge of applied science and data analysis methods.
- A recognized and leading contract research organization in which we create value by sharing our knowledge and by being open to feedback.
- Attractive compensation package: fixed salary, a minimum of 25 holidays plus 13 “ADV”-days, travel reimbursement and contribution free pension plan.
For more information contact Sabina Lukovac (phone: +31 (0)318 659526, email@example.com). The application procedure is coordinated by Drs. Loek Nederstigt, Human Resource Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Apply for this job!
You can apply for this position by sending your CV and motivation letter via our online application page.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.