NIZO is an independent contract research organization in the heart of Food Valley. The growing world population needs better food: healthier, tastier, more affordable and more sustainable. We know that better nutrition is essential for better health. Our passion is to accelerate innovations together with our customers, by applying our combined expertise in bacteria, proteins and processing. Together we deliver sustainable solutions for better food and health.
Perception and flavour-texture interactions is one of the core expertise areas of NIZO and is highly valued by our industrial partners. For the expansion of our food product technology team, we are searching for an experienced and enthusiastic
Flavour Application Scientist
For this position we are looking for a team player, who can adapt easily in project teams of different composition. A solid background in flavour chemistry, food product application and perception is a must. You should have vast experience in translating scientific findings and principles into practice, i.e. improving food products.
You are part of multidisciplinary team supporting our global customers with solutions in areas as alternative proteins, reformulation, low sugar, low salt, low fat and clean label.
You are a genuine team player, able to lead and scientifically direct multiple projects simultaneously and keeps overview, also in busy times. We are looking for a scientifically driven person, who is able to translate science to practical solutions.
- Initiate, manage and execute contract research projects in the area of flavour and texture perception;
- Contribute to understanding the underlying fundamentals of flavour, taste, and texture analysis and perception, cross-modal interactions, and sensory science and use the understanding in optimizing food products;
- Translate customer needs into scientifically sound technology- or ingredient-based solutions which can be applied within the practical limitations of food products.
- A practical, pro-active expert in the area of flavour, taste, and texture analysis and perception, with a particular interest in food product application;
- Strong background (MSc/PhD) on sensory quality of food products; e.g. food technology, food science, sensory science, flavour chemistry;
- Preferably experience with flavour techniques as olfactometry; GC-SNIFF and PTR-MS;
- Creative and conceptual thinker;
- At least >5 years of experience in food – or related relevant industry;
- A flexible and enthusiastic team player;
- Excellent communication skills (English mandatory).
- A dynamic, inspiring and creative environment with state-of-the-art facilities, where you can develop your personal skills;
- Experience working on challenging research questions for a wide range of food and ingredient companies;
- Become part of a well-established and internationally recognized organization;
- An enthusiastic team of professionals to co-operate with;
- An attractive compensation package: competitive salary, 25 holidays plus 13 “ADV” (reduction of work) days, travel reimbursement and good pension plan;
- The possibility to develop further in particular fields of interest.
More information and application
If you are interested in this position at NIZO food research, please send your motivational letter and curriculum vitae by using our online application portal. For more information contact René Floris, manager of the Food Division, +31 (0) 6 22738871.