NIZO, a private and independent contract research organization headquartered in Ede the Netherlands, is one of the most advanced R&D centers in the world. Fully focused on better food and health NIZO has a history of bringing groundbreaking technologies and applications to the global food industry and related markets. Valued by its customers for its innovations, quality, sustainability improvements, and speed to market, NIZO has been a trailblazer in the industry. With a keen eye for new applications, NIZO continuously develops new ways of improving food products, and by doing so, improving quality of life and health for consumers.
NIZO sees clear opportunities to further develop its dairy business and will therefore expand the Dairy sales team. NIZO is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager Food & Nutrition.
Senior Business Development Manager Food & Nutrition
Self-starter, truly entrepreneurial mindset, and a passion for Food? Talent for translating customer needs into business opportunities based on your combined commercial ánd scientific skills? Proven track record in partnership building and deal making? Want to strengthen a dynamic team? NIZO is looking for you!
In this position you will manage and grow NIZO’s Global Key Accounts portfolio. You will be responsible for:
- Executing the growth strategy of the NIZO Food & Nutrition market team through managing all aspects of the sales process:
- Building firm and successful relationships both with existing customers and new key prospects;
- Retrieving solid market insights on new developments, competition and/or specific customer needs;
- Translating market needs into new opportunities for NIZO’s different technology platforms;
- Collaborating closely with scientists, project leaders and marketers to define and sell solid and competitive contract research projects;
- Driving value based pricing and new business model innovation to ensure profitable growth;
- Representing NIZO at all external events, trade shows and seminars;
- And by doing all the above, expanding NIZO’s business at existing and new accounts through solid account leadership.
You will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
NIZO is looking for an experienced Senior Business Development Manager: quick in grasping new concepts and translating those into value for the customer. Relationships builder with a ‘getting things done’ attitude: A customer-focused and result-oriented entrepreneur: solutions thinker, creative in spotting R&D business opportunities. Excellent sales manager and negotiator: deal maker.
- Master’s degree in Food Technology, Chemistry or similar;
- Senior experience in a commercial role in a B2B food, ingredients, pharma or processing industry;
- Solid network in the international food, pharma or ingredients industry; well-versed in managing complex decision-making processes within large accounts;
- You have a proven track record in developing key accounts and referral business;
- Capable of initiating and managing complex processes and projects at the interface between large key accounts and the internal organization;
- True team player who can mobilize the organization;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and capabilities (speaks fluent English);
- Willingness to travel abroad (max. 50%).
NIZO offers the opportunity to work at a leading contract research organisation. A challenging senior account management position with a high level of independency. An exciting international R&D and business environment, working with renowned customers, cutting edge technologies and a broad portfolio of diverse projects. A broad range of opportunities for starting new commercial initiatives and a key role in further shaping NIZO’s Food & Nutrition portfolio and an attractive compensation package.
The application process is coordinated by Wiebe Teeuwen, Sr. Recruitment Consultant (T: +31(0)23-7548660, M: +31(0)6-40840929).
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.