To meet the increased demand for products containing beneficial microbes, or for products that require microbes to produce beneficial components, NIZO currently has an opportunity for a
Junior Research Specialist Fermentation
who is passionate about using beneficial microbes for better food and health. This is the perfect job for someone eager to develop his/her skills in the field of microbiology even further.
- Execution of microbiology laboratory work
- Execution of fermentation and microbial process development work using bioreactors
- Documentation of your work in our electronic lab notebook
- Experimental design, interpreting and reporting of experimental data
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams with project managers, scientists and research specialists
Profile (at least several of the following items)
- BSc/MSc degree in the field of fermentation/microbiology
- Microbiological experience, ideally with growth of strict anaerobic bacterial cultures in a high throughput setting and /or running bioreactors
- Experience with standard microbial analysis techniques such as OD, pH, FCM, CFU, and microscopy
- Personal characteristics: independent, team player, ambitious, enthusiastic and flexible
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written in English/Dutch
- Becoming part of the NIZO team gives plenty opportunities for personal growth and to develop further in particular fields of interest
- An exciting and challenging international R&D and business environment, working with renowned customers as well as start-ups and an interesting variety in projects
- Working in multidisciplinary teams, generating business by translating science and technology to rewarding solutions
- A recognized and leading contract research organisation in which we create value by sharing our knowledge and by being open to feedback
- Attractive compensation package: competitive salary, 25 holidays plus 13 “ADV” (work time reduction) days on annual basis, travel reimbursement and pension plan
- The position Is temporary (6 months), yet depending on the situation and your performance, there might be opportunities for a follow-up
For more information contact Janneke Ouwerkerk, manager of the Food Safety and Fermentation team, +31 (0)6 2456 1148.
You are invited to send your CV and motivation letter to our application portal.